I've been reading more of the book mentioned in the previous post, and it's a slow read for me [I'm only on page 26]. I've had to stop several times [aka, every other paragraph] to think about what he's saying. Daveed talks about practicing Muslims compared to Christians and Jews. Islam preaches equality, and those who truly practice Muslims [people who are not terrorists/extremists] are living testaments to this. He compares a friend, al-Husein Madhany [a Muslim], to Mike [a Christian] and their different tactics to convert. While Mike was close-minded, al-Husein was open to discussion and held no discrimination towards other beliefs.
It was interesting, too, reading what Islam thought of Christianity and Judaism. Islam believes these two sects to be people of the Book, and they had a place in Heaven. Also, they didn't believed that Jews were the Chosen People, because the Chosen were people who believed in Allah.
Isn't this something that Christians believe in, too? Granted that this is only through people who also believe that Jesus is a part of God.
I have to go, but so far, the book talks along this line. It's interesting to read a little more in depth about Islam. At the library, I found an English translation of the Qu'ran [though Muslims believe that the only true Qu'ran is one written in it's original language]. I might borrow it to better understand what Islam is about, though by the thickness of it, it may take me a long time to get through. This current book is less than three hundred pages, and it's already taking me a while.
See you fools later.
1 comment:
reading Quran is like reading Shakespeare.
There's a way you need to read it. It's like a sonnet or a erm...in Arab or Malay they called it Syair.
That's why you need to read it in the original text in arabic language.
most of the translation sometimes when you read it, it feels like there's a lot of meaning of it.
Goodluck. :)
Post a Comment